How To Use
Many of the products allow you to listen to a brief excerpt as a sample on their respective product pages.
Dr. Miller’s Software for the Mind Programs are easy to use, and come in three main types:
1. Deep Relaxation & Guided Imagery Programs: Most of Dr. Miller’s CDs and Downloads feature several inwardly focused meditation experiences designed to accelerate healing and create peak performance. These are best experienced in a safe, quiet, relaxing place, with eyes closed (although some people find they relax better with eyes open).
Many of Dr. Miller’s videos also guide the viewer into a deeply relaxed, meditative state through the use of calming nature scenes along with soothing and effective words and music.
Deep Relaxation/Imagery programs are, of course, not appropriate for use while driving or in any situation where your constant alertness to your environment is needed.
2. Drivetime™ Programs: Because many people would like to listen to Software for the Mind programs while engaged in other activities, Dr. Miller has developed the Drivetime series. These tapes/CDs/MP3s have at least 30-90 minutes of material you can listen to anytime. (Of course, if the material is too distracting, do not use while engaged in activities where a lapse of awareness could be dangerous).
3. Heart to Heart™ Talks: You will find that Dr. Miller’s talks offer scientifically accurate information – but they do much more than that. Through the use of poetry, storytelling, and other techniques that enlist your imagination, and enable you to experience a personal connection that will help empower you to make the changes you want to make in your life.
Heart-to-Heart Talks are usually safe to listen to while engaged in other activities, but for best results, a quiet, relaxed environment usually works best.
Dr. Miller’s Educational Articles
~ GETTING STARTED WITH YOUR CDs/MP3s ~
Please select a title from the list below to read the article. These links will redirect you to Dr. Miller's main site (DrMiller.com).
- Basic Guidelines for listening to your Dr. Miller Recording (See Below)
- How to choose among your Dr. Miller Recordings
As you acquire different programs prepared by Dr. Miller to help you achieve different goals, you will notice that there are three basic types of recordings
- How Does the Mind Connect With, Change, and Heal Body?
- About Guided Imagery, Meditation & MIND TOOLS
- How to Heal Yourself – Six Steps of Self Healing with Guided Imagery Audio
9. Learn to ignore distractions. Don’t worry if you find you sometimes have a stream of thoughts going through your mind while you’re listening to the imagery. That is quite common.
It’s just that usually you are unaware of them. Now you have an opportunity to bring your mind under your control. By practicing the skills of thought- stopping and emptying your mind of these unnecessary thoughts, you are taking charge of your cognitive mind.
For instance, imagine you are sitting at the edge of a small stream watching leaves on its surface floating by. You could reach out and touch them. But you also have the possibility of choosing not to engage and to simply watch them as they go by. You can do the same thing with your thoughts. If you refuse to engage, the thoughts will gradually fade away.