This CD offers a lecture presentation to health professionals at the "Power of Imagination" Conference sponsored by the Institute for the Advancement of Human Behavior. It provides an overview of two forms of imagery, "little imagery" used to work with specific diseases and dysfunction, and "big imagery" used for a broader perspective that addresses the questions, "Who am I?" and "What is my relationship to the universe?" At several points during the presentation, listeners are led into inner experiences, with eyes closed.
Finding Inner Direction for Your Life
Lecture Presentation with Overview of the Role of Relaxation, Visualization, and Self-Affirmation in Health and Life Success.
A recording to help you….
Understand “little imagery” – used to work with specific symptoms or problems,
Visualize “big imagery” – life direction, meaning, purpose, and self-esteem,
Torefocus daily thoughts and bring new energy and possibility into your life.
This recording offers a lecture presentation to health professionals at the “Power of Imagination” conference sponsored by the Institute for the Advancement of Human Behavior. It provides an overview of two forms of imagery: “little imagery” – the kind used to work with specific diseases and dysfunction, and “big imagery” – the broader perspective that addresses the questions “Who am I, what am I doing here, and what is my relationship to the universe?” At certain points during the presentation, listeners are led into “inner experiences” with eyes closed. Do not proceed into these experiences while driving or while involved in activities requiring full attention.
A speech before the American Association for the Study of Imagery.
Track 1—Introduction by Dr. Anees Sheik
Track 2 - The paradox of the Information Age.
- Selective Awareness and the fact that all we can experience is imagery—everything is a metaphor.
- What we call reality is actually an act of faith.
- Relationship of Attitude and Health
- Learned helplessness and how it depresses functions at all levels of system—mind, body, emotion, spirit, and behavior
- The healing value of self-respect and self-confidence
1. Inspired imagery—introduction by Anees Sheik
2. The expanded concept of imagery
3. Experience of imagery for self-esteem
4. Self-esteem imagery, spirit in our culture
5. Final imagery of “I Can” and “Sharing Spirits”